Ramblings of a Dietetics Major


Thursday, January 3, 2013

My 2012

What is a blog if it doesn't have an end-of-the-year recap? This past year was undoubtedly one filled with more changes, challenges, opportunities, and decisions than I could ever have imagined. I am definitely blessed beyond measure, which, while sometimes making me feel guilty, makes me ever-grateful for my heavenly Father who has given me these things to enjoy. God is faithful. So, here's to 2012!

My 2012 Top 12 (in no particular order, I might add)

Graduation Four years of learning, friendships, memories, and being molded into who I am today. How am I old enough to have a bachelor of science degree?!?!
April 1st, 2012 A day that will live in infamy. I was accepted to the dietetic internship at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics!  (Go Hawks! J)

Moving to Iowa City Settling into my adult life by moving everything I own minus some books and my American Girl doll to my new city.
Joining One Ancient Hope Presbyterian Church. God has providentially, as always, placed me in a church that I can serve and grow. My faith in the body of Christ has been restored.

Enjoying existing friendships Self-explanatory, but I can’t be thankful enough for these people! You know who you are. ;)
Making new friends Moving to a new city is cool and all, but, if it wasn’t for the gracious people who have let me become a part of their lives, I’d be pretty lonely.

Being in my first wedding It was such an honor to be in the wedding of my dear friend, who was also my former roommate and lab partner. I’m just glad my decorating skills were (surprisingly!) up to par.

Running the Chicago Marathon A challenge I didn’t realize was really that great of one until after the fact. After running 26.2 miles, why do I now struggle with a 3 mile run?
My grandparents moving to Aledo What I’ve wanted to happen since I was little finally has come to pass! I’m excited to see more of them as this year progresses.

Scholar Week Celebrating four years of hard work with the best cohort and faculty anyone could every request. Being able to present my research was definitely an honor.

Road Trips Spring break in Arkansas, a post-graduation trip out West, senior ladies retreat in Michigan, weddings across the Midwest. Fun times!
Hy-Vee Career Day Not only a great experience, spent with one of my favorite coworkers, but also an opportunity to see where my education and talents can help serve other people.

I am anticipatory of where God will take me this year. We'll see if it's another 2012. "I know not where He leadeth me, but I know with Whom I go." With that behind me, how can I help but be excited? No room for worrying about RD exams, grad school, getting my first real job...right? Right.


 Wishing you all the best, my friends, as we enter this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment